• Advertise with us
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Login
Ibadan news | Breaking News & Top Stories - NewsNow
  • Home
  • News
  • Interview
  • LifeStyle
  • Special Reports
  • The Councils
  • Sports
  • Gallery
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Interview
  • LifeStyle
  • Special Reports
  • The Councils
  • Sports
  • Gallery
No Result
View All Result
Ibadan news | Breaking News & Top Stories - NewsNow
No Result
View All Result

Doctors Condemn Alleged Assault On Medical Personnel At UCH Ibadan

by Oluwaseye Makinde
1 day ago
in News, Report
Doctors Condemn Alleged Assault On Medical Personnel At UCH Ibadan

The Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors has condemned the alleged assault on doctors and healthcare workers at the Emergency Department of University College Hospital, describing the incident as a serious attack on Nigeria’s healthcare system.

In a statement issued on Monday and signed by its President, Dr. Mohammad Usman Suleiman, the association described the incident as “barbaric” and “reprehensible.”

According to NARD, the incident occurred on Friday, May 15, 2026, following the death of a patient identified as Opeyemi Ibrahim.

The association alleged that a relative of the deceased, identified as Sarafa Oyenigba, became violent and attacked healthcare workers on duty at the hospital’s emergency unit.

NARD said the assault affected several medical personnel, including Dr. Oladapo Olatunbosun, a Senior Registrar in Emergency Medicine, and Dr. Mololuwa Adebayo, a Registrar in Emergency Medicine.

Other affected staff were said to include a Deputy Director of Nursing, security personnel, and the hospital’s Service Manager.

The association further alleged that some healthcare workers were stripped during the attack, while emergency services at the department were temporarily disrupted.

According to the statement, the suspect had earlier verbally abused staff members before the situation escalated into physical violence.

NARD commended the Association of Resident Doctors UCH Ibadan for its swift response and also praised the management of UCH for facilitating the arrest of the suspect and maintaining what it described as zero tolerance for violence against healthcare workers.

The association declared full solidarity with the resident doctors at UCH and backed the warning strike action declared by the association, insisting that “an injury to one doctor is an injury to all doctors.”

NARD called on the Nigeria Police Force and other security agencies to ensure thorough prosecution of the suspect and any accomplices, warning against attempts to downplay or privately settle the matter.

The association also expressed concern over what it described as increasing attacks on healthcare workers across Nigeria, urging the Federal Government and relevant ministries to strengthen security in hospitals and enforce stricter punishment for assaults on medical personnel.

NARD warned that failure to address the situation could trigger wider industrial actions by doctors nationwide.

The association also sympathised with the affected doctors and healthcare workers and urged them to seek medical and psychological support following the incident.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
  • More
  • Print (Opens in new window) Print
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr (Opens in new window) Tumblr
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Pinterest
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related Posts

“Situation Still Difficult” — Makinde Gives Fresh Update On Oyo School Abduction

“Situation Still Difficult” — Makinde Gives Fresh Update On Oyo School Abduction

Olubadan, Dignitaries Grace Ibadan Polo Club’s Grand Olubadan Cup Finale to Mark 120-Year Legacy

Olubadan, Dignitaries Grace Ibadan Polo Club’s Grand Olubadan Cup Finale to Mark 120-Year Legacy

Everything We Know About the Oyo School Terrorist Attack — According to Governor Makinde

Everything We Know About the Oyo School Terrorist Attack — According to Governor Makinde

Oyo School Kidnap: Makinde Meets Security Chiefs, Assures Families of Rescue

Oyo School Kidnap: Makinde Meets Security Chiefs, Assures Families of Rescue

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

  • About us
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us

Categories

  • Announcement
  • Business
  • Gallery
  • Interview
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Report
  • Review
  • Sports
  • Tech

Subscribe to Get Latest News

Ibadancityannouncer.com © 2018 - 2024 Spottershouse Limited

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Interview
  • LifeStyle
  • Special Reports
  • The Councils
  • Sports
  • Gallery

Ibadancityannouncer.com © 2018 - 2024 Spottershouse Limited

Discover more from Ibadan news | Breaking News & Top Stories - NewsNow

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d