Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has debunked the news circulating around the media that he has resigned from his office.
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo made this known at a forum with Young Christian leaders in Lagos on Thursday. According to him, “They are deliberate propaganda. Today, they’ve been spreading some information around that I’ve resigned. They said I’ve resigned; they said I didn’t attend the security meeting yesterday.
“I was in my office… What time do I have? Must I attend every meeting? Can’t the President hold a meeting with security chiefs without me?
“They said I was so angry that they didn’t bring me to that security meeting — I was excluded — so I resigned.”
There were speculations on social media on Thursday morning that the Vice president had resigned following his absence and purported exclusion from the security meeting the president had with security chief and some select governors at the Aso Rock on Wednesday.
He noted that his absence was as a result of his official assignment outside the nation’s capital. Prof. Osinbajo was in Yola on Wednesday where he met a group of Christian leaders
Earlier on his official twitter handle the vice president underlined his commitment to the Buhari administration. He wrote “Misleading/FAKE news is on the rise especially in this season when Nigerians will make a choice about who will govern them for the next four years.
“I have not resigned!
“I remain committed to the service of the Nigerian people under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari.” He concluded.